Friday 09:00 - 15:00
Mon - Thu 09:00-17:00
Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes 55 seconds
We are approaching mid-year (for those of us on a calendar year…) and enough time has passed that we can reflect back on some of the technology that GP CPA has been using and is no longer using in 2019.
First up, let’s have a drink for those who are no longer with us:
- QuickBooks Desktop – GP no longer supports this dinosaur, get out while you can…
- Stripe – Did you know that Stripe uses a Wells Fargo gateway…?
- HubDoc – Bank feeds are not ready for primetime
- Jobber – A good product, no longer Xero friendly
There are also the software platforms that our clients use that we tolerate and do not recommend:
- Square – Basis functions work, does not automate well, reports are clunky
- Homebase – a mediocre product at best, not very effective at reporting
- Clover – Terrible reporting, difficult to navigate, not user-friendly
- PayPal – Horrible payment platform for reporting, easy to use
Lastly, the list of platforms that we enjoy use internally and those that we recommend to other businesses:
- Xero – shameless plug. Still better than most
- Gusto – When was the last time you actually enjoyed payroll?
- IntegraPay – Excellent e-commerce solution and payment processor
- LedgerSync – for accountants and online access nerds
- GoProposal – How the UK makes accounting firms easy to work with!
- Malartu – an NC native tech platform that offers analytics…
If you came across this list and had no idea what any of these bullet points refer to, contact us immediately so we can engage our nerd on your behalf. If you know any of the items on this list and have a different opinion about them, please share it with us (we don’t bite). Either way, expect an updated list every so often and stay in touch.
GP CPA offers a wide range of business advisory services that are tailored to the needs of business owners. For those small businesses who need someone to keep the books, we can do that.
GP CPA has relied on cloud-based accounting technology for many years now and devotes a significant amount of time toward testing and learning the latest and greatest systems out there.
Since we now have less than 90 days left in the year, kindly keep me apprised of when you expect the major revenue collections to be during the next few weeks and we can adjust accordingly.
As many area businesses know Charlotte Sales Tax rate is either 2%, 7.25%, or 8.25% and what rate belongs to your business is based on what the business is selling.