Friday 09:00 - 15:00
Mon - Thu 09:00-17:00
Estimated Reading Time: 1 minute 22 seconds
GP CPA has an affinity for all things current events, and sometimes, just sometimes, they are not even tax-related.
We are currently subscribed to a few different local/national emails that we actually open and read
most of the time. In no particular order:
- Charlotte Five – Since we live and work in Charlotte, NC, this covers a lot of the local happenings. It’s even better when we see our clients mentioned in it!
- The Morning Brew – This financial markets newsletter keeps tabs on the big picture without taking aside. There is also a puzzle at the end of a letter to incentivize the reader to finish. Google helps us a lot.
- Next Draft – Kinda like The Onion, but it’s all real news. And not too much strangeness from Florida….
- Quartz – Thoughtful, well-researched articles about complex subjects.
- Stephen King’s Twitter – Justin’s favorite author. The Tower above all!
- CPA Letter Daily – When you just can’t get to sleep and don’t want to medicate….
- Xero Blog – Just in case you weren’t already in the know.
Are we missing any? Please let us know in the comments.
GMP CPA (aka Gary M Prusiensky, CPA, P.C.) has now officially become “GP CPA, P.C.” Since 1996 GP CPA has served the greater Charlotte area with accounting, tax, and payroll services in one form or another.
GP CPA has relied on cloud-based accounting technology for many years now and devotes a significant amount of time toward testing and learning the latest and greatest systems out there.
Since we now have less than 90 days left in the year, kindly keep me apprised of when you expect the major revenue collections to be during the next few weeks and we can adjust accordingly.
As many area businesses know Charlotte Sales Tax rate is either 2%, 7.25%, or 8.25% and what rate belongs to your business is based on what the business is selling.