Friday 09:00 - 15:00
Mon - Thu 09:00-17:00
Newsletters are the new… newsletters?
February 11, 2019
Estimated Reading Time: 1 minute 22 seconds
GP CPA has an affinity for all things current events, and sometimes, just sometimes, they are not even tax-related.
We are currently subscribed to a few different local/national emails that we actually open and read
most of the time. In no particular order:
- Charlotte Five – Since we live and work in Charlotte, NC, this covers a lot of the local happenings. It’s even better when we see our clients mentioned in it!
- The Morning Brew – This financial markets newsletter keeps tabs on the big picture without taking aside. There is also a puzzle at the end of a letter to incentivize the reader to finish. Google helps us a lot.
- Next Draft – Kinda like The Onion, but it’s all real news. And not too much strangeness from Florida….
- Quartz – Thoughtful, well-researched articles about complex subjects.
- Stephen King’s Twitter – Justin’s favorite author. The Tower above all!
- CPA Letter Daily – When you just can’t get to sleep and don’t want to medicate….
- Xero Blog – Just in case you weren’t already in the know.
Are we missing any? Please let us know in the comments.
Backdoor Roth IRA Opportunities Still Available After TCJA
As you likely know, the Roth IRA is a terrific way to grow your wealth with a minimum tax downside because you pay the taxes upfront and then, with the proper holding period, pay no taxes after that.
GP CPA Charlotte Sales Tax News Update
As many area businesses know Charlotte Sales Tax rate is either 2%, 7.25%, or 8.25% and what rate belongs to your business is based on what the business is selling.
Xero and electronic payment processing options (PayPal, Stripe, IntegraPay, Square, Plooto)
For clients that will use invoices as the primary method of billing, there are quite a few options for that are better than “the check is in the mail” (spoiler alert, it never is).
How to Persuade Clients to Change Banks. Listen to Justin Prusiensky’s Guest Appearance on the Relay Financial Webinar
Our expert accountant Justin Prusiensky was recently interviewed as a guest speaker by Relay Financial to discuss how to persuade clients to change banks.
What Tax Breaks Changed From 2018?
Congress extended some of the tax breaks retroactively to January 1, 2018. They now expire on December 31, 2020. Learn more about tax breaks that have been extended.
Tax Planning with GP CPA
GP CPA offers a wide range of business advisory services that are tailored to the needs of business owners. For those small businesses who need someone to keep the books, we can do that.