Friday 09:00 - 15:00
Mon - Thu 09:00-17:00
Estimated Reading Time: 1 minute 22 seconds
GP CPA has an affinity for all things current events, and sometimes, just sometimes, they are not even tax-related.
We are currently subscribed to a few different local/national emails that we actually open and read
most of the time. In no particular order:
- Charlotte Five – Since we live and work in Charlotte, NC, this covers a lot of the local happenings. It’s even better when we see our clients mentioned in it!
- The Morning Brew – This financial markets newsletter keeps tabs on the big picture without taking aside. There is also a puzzle at the end of a letter to incentivize the reader to finish. Google helps us a lot.
- Next Draft – Kinda like The Onion, but it’s all real news. And not too much strangeness from Florida….
- Quartz – Thoughtful, well-researched articles about complex subjects.
- Stephen King’s Twitter – Justin’s favorite author. The Tower above all!
- CPA Letter Daily – When you just can’t get to sleep and don’t want to medicate….
- Xero Blog – Just in case you weren’t already in the know.
Are we missing any? Please let us know in the comments.
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act tax reform added new tax code Section 199A, which created a 20 percent tax deduction possibility for you if your rental property (a) has profits and (b) can qualify as a trade or business.
When you know the rules, you can party with your employees and deduct 100 percent of the cost. Interestingly, if you feed your employees during a training program, your deduction is only 50 percent.
As many area businesses know Charlotte Sales Tax rate is either 2%, 7.25%, or 8.25% and what rate belongs to your business is based on what the business is selling.
A CFP® is a Certified Financial Planner professional that focuses on taking a holistic approach to goals-based planning.