Friday 09:00 - 15:00
Mon - Thu 09:00-17:00
Estimated Reading Time: 1 minute 22 seconds
GP CPA has an affinity for all things current events, and sometimes, just sometimes, they are not even tax-related.
We are currently subscribed to a few different local/national emails that we actually open and read
most of the time. In no particular order:
- Charlotte Five – Since we live and work in Charlotte, NC, this covers a lot of the local happenings. It’s even better when we see our clients mentioned in it!
- The Morning Brew – This financial markets newsletter keeps tabs on the big picture without taking aside. There is also a puzzle at the end of a letter to incentivize the reader to finish. Google helps us a lot.
- Next Draft – Kinda like The Onion, but it’s all real news. And not too much strangeness from Florida….
- Quartz – Thoughtful, well-researched articles about complex subjects.
- Stephen King’s Twitter – Justin’s favorite author. The Tower above all!
- CPA Letter Daily – When you just can’t get to sleep and don’t want to medicate….
- Xero Blog – Just in case you weren’t already in the know.
Are we missing any? Please let us know in the comments.
For clients that will use invoices as the primary method of billing, there are quite a few options for that are better than “the check is in the mail” (spoiler alert, it never is).
A CFP® is a Certified Financial Planner professional that focuses on taking a holistic approach to goals-based planning.
Congress extended some of the tax breaks retroactively to January 1, 2018. They now expire on December 31, 2020. Learn more about tax breaks that have been extended.
GP CPA offers a wide range of business advisory services that are tailored to the needs of business owners. For those small businesses who need someone to keep the books, we can do that.
Take control back from the big box payroll companies and work with someone who can guide you to a better payroll process. GP CPA + GUSTO is the modern way payroll runs and the partnership that moves your business forward.